Citizens Advice Bureau
Free, confidential information & advice to anyone about any query or problem.
Services we offer
We provide help and information on a wide range of issues. Our service is professional and confidential. If you need us to speak to someone on your behalf, we can do that too.
Our CAB services include:
- information on your rights for issues such as Complaints & Disputes, Consumer, Education & Learning, Employment & Business, Family & Personal, Government & Law, Health & Wellbeing, Housing, Land & Environment, Money, Recreation, Culture & Community & Travel & Transport.
- assistance with filling in forms.
- a photocopying service – for a small fee – sorry we do not accept payments by EFTPOS
- language support in more than 20 languages through CAB Language Link
As well as face-to-face and telephone help, we also offer:
Justice of the Peace
No appointment necessary. We have a JP on duty four times a week:
- Monday afternoons 1.00pm – 4.00pm
- Wednesday & Thursday mornings 9.00 am – 11.30am
- Friday 2.00pm – 4.00pm
Amongst other duties, Justices of the Peace are warranted by the Governor-General to:
- witness documents
- certify copies – Please bring with you the original documents as well as the copies to be certified – charges will be incurred for photocopying and copies may be limited because of time restraints.
- take declarations, affidavits and affirmation
Face to Face Settlement Information Service
We are pleased to announce that in recognition of the relevance and high quality of the CAB service, Tauranga is one of 30 CAB locations that have been chosen by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (Immigration NZ) to provide a Face to Face Settlement Information Service for new migrants.
The aim of this service is to ensure that new migrants are able to get the information they need to help them settle successfully in New Zealand.
This service is being funded to supplement the online and phone services that are being directly provided by Immigration New Zealand.
We also have passport and citizenship forms available.
For all newcomers to Tauranga – Tuesday-Friday 1-4pm. No appointment necessary. Migrant Workshops are also scheduled
Free Employment Disputes Clinic:- From 2-4 pm. Call 07 578 1592 to make an appointment.
Citizens Advice Bureau is a voluntary organisation which provides free, confidential information and advice to anyone about any query or problem.
The Citizens Advice Bureau can provide information about almost anything, and if they can’t – they’ll put you in touch with someone who can. Some of the common queries answered by Citizens Advice include legal issues, housing queries, relationship problems, neighbour disputes, and how to get in touch with local clubs and organisations.
In addition to answering queries over the phone, the Citizens Advice Bureau has a wide range of information on their website – www.cab.org.nz They provide step-by-step guides to help you find out what you need to know to resolve your problem.
Citizens Advice Bureau also acts as a public watchdog and an advocate for the disadvantaged or unfairly treated. They use their enquiries information to build a picture of what is affecting our communities, both locally and nationally.
All services offered by the Citizens Advice Bureau are completely free.
Physical Address: 1/367 Cameron Road, Tauranga
Papamoa Satellite Service
Hours of operation: Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10.00am – 1pm.
Telephone: 07 574 9862
No appointment necessary
Where: Papamoa Community Centre, 15 Gravatt Road, Papamoa.