Travel Writing Workshop
Walk it Write it – Bike it , Blog it !
Learn how to make the most of your travel stories by writing articles and blogs.
This is a jam-packed three hour workshop covering:
• What makes a topic interesting, finding the angle.
• Writing that catchy opening, building and holding interest in the body of the article.
• Supplying side bars and recourse boxes.
• Interviewing and use of quotes.
• Taking great photographs to accompany your article.
Preparing the Package:
• Identifying markets in terms of content, style, format.
• Pitching your idea / Mastering the art of the Query Letter
• The Pros and cons of queries, commissions and sending unsolicited articles.
Conclusion: Will I make any money? Get free opportunities? Or just have the pleasure
of seeing my work in print?
Time: 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Place: The Artery, Historic Village, 17th Ave, Tauranga
Time: 10:30am till 1:30pm
Place: The Arts Village, Rotorua
Contact Angie for more details
Cost: $50 per person (pre-registration essential)
Tutor: Angie Belcher